Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Chui-Hui Chiu <cc...@tigers.lsu.edu> on 2013/07/14 21:55:47 UTC

Running example programs on YARN

Hello,

I have a Hadoop 2.0.5 Alpha cluster.  In the etc/hadoop/mapred-site.xml, I
specify nothing more than that the cluster adopts the YARN architecture so
that the cluster is a pure YARN cluster.

I also read the source code of "hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.0.5-alpha.jar".
 They do not have Clients and Application Masters.  How are they launched?
 Is there a default Client and an Application Master somewhere else for all
kinds of MapReduce programs?

Thanks,
Chui-hui

Re: Running example programs on YARN

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
The MR (MR2) application would reside in the project/jar called
hadoop-mapreduce-client-app-*.jar. In a tarball, this would be at
$HADOOP_PREFIX/share/hadoop/mapreduce/

--
Harsh J

Re: Running example programs on YARN