Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Quintin Beukes <qu...@skywalk.co.za> on 2009/10/16 01:10:06 UTC

Re: TimerService from EJB 3.1

I'd love to have a look at this. Developing code is the ultimate
"course" (in the academic sense) in the software being developed.

How exactly would you want it to change? How I understand it something
similar to anacron, in that tasks should somehow realize that weren't
run and then run one after the other when OpenEJB becomes live? Some
thought would have to go into how to keep track of these tasks. But
this is the general idea right?

Quintin Beukes

Re: TimerService from EJB 3.1

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Oct 15, 2009, at 4:10 PM, Quintin Beukes wrote:

> I'd love to have a look at this. Developing code is the ultimate
> "course" (in the academic sense) in the software being developed.
>
> How exactly would you want it to change? How I understand it something
> similar to anacron, in that tasks should somehow realize that weren't
> run and then run one after the other when OpenEJB becomes live? Some
> thought would have to go into how to keep track of these tasks. But
> this is the general idea right?

That's the general idea.  We have a DatabaseTimerStore class with most
of the logic, but that class isn't getting used anywhere currently and
I don't think it's quite complete.  I didn't work on that code so
can't say offhand what is missing.

I recommend starting there.

-David