Posted to dev@nemo.apache.org by 조해윤 <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/25 03:24:51 UTC

NEMO-366 PR review request

Hi, I'm Haeyoon, currently exploring through Nemo for GSoC.

I have found a bug in Nemo and reported the issue in JIRA(NEMO-366
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NEMO-366>), also the PR.

I have temporarily resolved the issue, replacing and deleting
DirectByteArrayOutputStream's API to ByteArrayOutputStream's. Actually, I
guess the whole class may be deleted, but I found that this class appears a
lot in Nemo so I didn't attempt to. Please look over the PR and leave
comments if there is a better way.

Additionally, I guess it would be better if the byte buffer can be
implemented off-heap to reduce GC pressures. It is related with one of the
GSoC 2019 topic, so maybe we can extend the topic to this part.

Best wishes,
Haeyoon