Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by miro-zet <mr...@zoznam.sk> on 2008/12/12 13:44:44 UTC

Form, loop, tree and current value

I am just beginning with tapestry5, but as I understand when the form inside
a loop is processes (property setters for TextFields, Selects etc. are
called), loop is also performed - the current value of the Loop is set to
the page.

I have written custom Tree component, which in the time of the rendering
also return some current value, which can be set to the page. But when the
form is inside this Tree component and it is submitted a processed, the Tree
is not traversed anymore. The current value of the Tree is not set to the
page.

Is it possible to achieve the 'Loop like' behavior (setting current value in
the time of processing form) also for the custom components? Or is it
necessary to use some hidden inputs? Or am I completely missing something?

This is the code fragment of the Tree combined with the Form component
(current value is the parameter t:node). A would like to have access to the
t:node value (rlNode) also in the time of processing the form. Is it
possible?

<form t:type="Form" t:id="groupsForm">

		<t:tree t:model="rlModel" t:node="rlNode">
			<t:if t:test="rlNode.leaf">
					 ${asset:context:img/icon_person_green.gif}
					<select t:type="Select" t:model="contactsModel" t:value="selectedUser"
t:encoder="contactsEncoder" />
					<t:if t:test="existsSelectedUser()">
						 # ${message:editCard}
					</t:if>
					 # ${message:remove}
				<t:parameter t:name="else">
					 ${asset:context:img/icon_group_green.gif}
					<input type="text" t:type="TextField" t:value="rlNodeDisplayName" />
					 # ${message:newGroup}
					 # ${message:newUser}
					 # ${message:remove}
				</t:parameter>
			</t:if>

		</t:tree>
		 # ${message:newGroup}

		<input type="submit"  value="${message:submit}" />

	</form>

Thanks.