Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ricardo Ardila Vetrovec <rv...@unimet.edu.ve> on 2011/10/28 03:38:19 UTC

sa-learn question

Greetings list!!!!!

Excuse my english, is not so good.

I have a spamassasin standalone server, my MX it is another server

postfix query spamassassin for score and work greats

My question it's about spam that is not recognize

on the spamassassin server i create a mail box so users can redirect the
emails they consider spam

i run sa-learn --spam -u spamd --mbox /var/mail/spam

question is: is this method works? with the redirection of the mail all
headers change, that's my doubt

Any help about this topic?

Thanks a lot

Re: sa-learn question

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 18:24:47 +0300
Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> 28.10.2011 4:38, Ricardo Ardila Vetrovec kirjoitti:

> > on the spamassassin server i create a mail box so users can
> > redirect the emails they consider spam
> > question is: is this method works? with the redirection of the mail
> > all headers change, that's my doubt
>
> That is not optimal, it may be even bad.
>
> How are the users accessing their mail? If with POP, I can't figure
> out a solution. If with IMAP, you can create a "Confirmed-SPAM"
> folder for them, and they can drag the spam to that folder. Then use
> a cron job to learn those as spam... No extra headers, nothing.

There are two classic solutions. One is to have learning folders (imap
or webmail), the other is to forward as an attachment and have a
script that extracts the original from the mime.

A simple redirect may work well enough, but there are (at least) a
couple of problems. Firstly sa-learn should ideally be able to find
the trusted and internal networks to reproduce the same tokenization
that it does on classification. It would be useful to strip any
received headers that break this. Secondly, if you use autolearning
then sa-learn must be able to identify if a mail has been previously
learned,and this requires all additional received headers be stripped.

Re: sa-learn question

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.

--

Best of all is never to have been born.  Second best is to die soon.