Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st> on 2001/10/24 14:58:06 UTC

action executes action

For some strange reason ;) I'd like to call an action from within an action.
The only way I could think of is to obtain a SitemapComponentSelector from
the ComponentManager and then select the desired action.

Did I miss something or is this the way to go?
--
Torsten

Re: action executes action

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> For some strange reason ;) I'd like to call an action from within an action.
> The only way I could think of is to obtain a SitemapComponentSelector from
> the ComponentManager and then select the desired action.
>
> Did I miss something or is this the way to go?

ComponentSelector selector = (ComponentSelector) manager.lookup(Action.ROLE + "Selector");
Action action = (Action) selector.select("action-type");

Map objMap = action.act(.....);

selector.release(action);
manager.release(selector);

RE: action executes action

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
> For some strange reason ;) I'd like to call an action from within an action.
> The only way I could think of is to obtain a SitemapComponentSelector from
> the ComponentManager and then select the desired action.
>
> Did I miss something or is this the way to go?

Seems to work fine this way :)
--
Torsten