Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bu...@koc.net on 2003/06/09 10:50:35 UTC

[users@httpd] Locale Problem

Hello,

We have a webserver running with Apache 1.3.27. When we start apache we get an error like "couldn't set locale correctly". Anybody know what the problem is ?

Regards,
Burçin

Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 21:12:50 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.45 (Win32)
Cache-Control: max-age=86400
Expires: Fri, 30 May 2003 21:12:50 GMT
Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
Connection: Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

If I disable ExpiresDefault, the response doesn't get ANY expiration
headers.  Here are the relevant httpd.conf part, a sample request and

Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 21:10:28 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.45 (Win32)
Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
Connection: Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

In both examples above I'm doing a single request for the image file
"aniFreeMemb.gif" itself, not a request for the page that links to the file.

Now, I might be missing something very obvious. Actually, I hope this is the
case, as I badly need to make this work - I have to serve pages which change
dynamically, but have plenty of images on them which are pretty much static.
If this is a version-specific problem, I'll be glad to get feedback from
somebody who has this working on another version - I don't mind downgrading
my server if I have to.

Any help and/or pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Chris

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bu e-posta mesaji kisiye ozel olup, gizli bilgiler iceriyor olabilir. Eger bu e-posta mesaji size yanlislikla ulasmissa,  icerigini hic bir sekilde kullanmayiniz ve ekli dosyalari acmayiniz. Bu durumda lutfen e-posta mesajini kullaniciya hemen geri gonderiniz  ve  tum kopyalarini mesaj kutunuzdan siliniz. Bu e-posta mesaji, hic bir sekilde, herhangi bir amac icin cogaltilamaz, yayinlanamaz ve para karsiligi satilamaz.  Bu e-posta mesaji viruslere karsi anti-virus sistemleri tarafindan taranmistir. Ancak yollayici, bu e-posta mesajinin - virus koruma sistemleri ile kontrol ediliyor olsa bile - virus icermedigini garanti etmez ve meydana gelebilecek zararlardan dogacak hicbir sorumlulugu kabul etmez.

This message is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed , and may contain confidential  information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or you receive this mail in error, you should refrain from making any use of the contents and from opening any attachment. In that case, please notify the sender immediately and return the message to the sender, then, delete and destroy all copies. This e-mail message, could not be copied, published or sold for any reason. This e-mail message has been swept by anti-virus systems for the presence of computer viruses. In doing so, however,  sender  cannot warrant that virus or other forms of data corruption may not be present and do not take any responsibility in any occurrence.

AW: [users@httpd] Locale Problem

Posted by nico hochgeschwender <ni...@gmx.de>.

We have a webserver running with Apache 1.3.27. When we start apache we get
an error like "couldn't set locale correctly". Anybody know what the problem
is ?

Regards,
Burçin