Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com> on 2001/04/20 04:48:02 UTC

Multiple IP based virtual hosts in Tomcat 4

Hello:

I am trying to set-up multiple IP based virtual hosts in
Tomcat 4.0 Beta 3 running as a Standalone container.

I downloaded the 4.0b3 binary of tomcat, dearchived it,
and modified the following items in the server.xml
file:

In the <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone"> section,
I changed the HttpConnector to use port 80 so that
it would respond to normal web requests.

In the Engine section, below the Host section for localhost,
I added the following lines:
      <Host name="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" debug="1" appBase="webapps"
unpackWARs="true">
        <Context path="" docBase="host1">
        </Context>
      </Host>

      <Host name="yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy" debug="1" appBase="webapps"
unpackWARs="true">
        <Context path="" docBase="host2">
        </Context>
      </Host>

Then, I started tomcat.  When I visit http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx,
I get the index.jsp file from the host1 directory as expected.

But when I visit http://yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy, I get this message:
HTTP Status 503 - This application is not currently
available

The requested service (This application is not currently available) is
not currently available.

Any idea why this is occurring?

Thanks,
	Neil.