Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by de...@ruijie.com.cn on 2019/05/10 01:50:38 UTC

TSSLSocket does not support larger message in python3.6

Hi,

I use Thrift API (TSSLSocket + TNonblockingServer) tested by python3.6.6.
But when I try to send a message larger than 17kb from client to server, the client gets the error response message: "TSocket read 0 bytes".

I find the python SSLSocket change in What’s New In Python 3.5<https://docs.python.org/3/whatsnew/3.5.html?highlight=sslwantwriteerror> :
“The SSLSocket.send() method now raises either the ssl.SSLWantReadError or ssl.SSLWantWriteError exception on a non-blocking socket
if the operation would block. Previously, it would return 0. (Contributed by Nikolaus Rath in bpo-20951.)”

So, Does Thrift support python 3.6 or who can help solve the problem? Thank you!

Regards
Wenjie

Re: TSSLSocket does not support larger message in python3.6

Posted by Jens Geyer <je...@apache.org>.
Hi Wenjie,

thank you very much for the work done with this analysis.

Could you please file a JIRA ticket about this? [1] Those exceptions indeed
sound like a problem that needs to be adressed.

To answer your question in a way ("who can help solve the problem?"), you
know, this is Open Source software. This means, that everybody who has some
understanding of the matter can look into the code and make, no - even
better: is invited! to contribute in one way or another to solve a
particular problem that he/she just discovered, or simply to improve the
software to keep pace with technical changes.

Performing a detailed analysis of the issue such as you did is more than
just a starting point. It already is a great contribution. Here's a question
for you: Since you already are halfway down, may I ask you to go the other
50% of the way and put together a pull request? That would be just awesome!
[2]

Have fun,
JensG

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT