Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Arun K Solleti <so...@lycos.com> on 2003/10/01 20:40:24 UTC

JNDIRealm(LDAP) Authentication Configuration Sample Required

Hi

I have tried different different options but cannot get the LDAP authentication to work in my application.
Following is what i am using.

Tomcat: 4.1.27-LE-jdk14
Apache: 2.0.47
Java : 1.4.2
Linux OS: 7.3
LDAP : IPlanet LDAP Server.

----------------------------
1) In this regard i have downloaded the latest JNDI API and then
copied the ldap.jar file to $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib directory.

2) The i have added the following entry to the server.xml file.

       <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
               connectionURL="ldap://ldap.mycompany.com:389"
               userBase="ou=active,ou=employees,ou=people,o=mycompany.com"
               userSearch="(uid={0})"
               roleSearch="(uniqueMember={0})"
               roleName="cn"
               debug="99"
               contextFactory="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory"
               />

3) In my application "web.xml" file i have added the following

   <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Nrt</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>*</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
    </security-constraint>
    <login-config>
    <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
    <realm-name>CEC</realm-name>
    </login-config>

Then i have restarted the tomcat and apache. I get the prompt for
userid and password, but when i provide the correct userid/password i
get an message saying incorrect userid and password, i think i am
missing something in the configuration and tomcat is not talking with
LDAP, was wondering if you can provide some inputs on this.

Appreciate your help and time.

Thanks
Arun