Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Wikander <ti...@mclarenplc.com> on 2001/10/12 00:38:54 UTC

Where do I put jar files?

I am using Tomcat 4.0 with IIS 4.0 on Windows NT.  I have added the
environment variable pointing JAVA_HOME to the installation folder of
C:\jdk1.3.1_01

After installing a third party application, I was advised to add the three
jar files to the "classpath of your servlet engine".  Where do I add these
three jar files?  If more info is required please advise.  I am desperate to
get this answered.

Tim

Re: Where do I put jar files?

Posted by Bo Xu <bo...@cybershop.ca>.
Tim Wikander wrote:

> I am using Tomcat 4.0 with IIS 4.0 on Windows NT.  I have added the
> environment variable pointing JAVA_HOME to the installation folder of
> C:\jdk1.3.1_01
>
> After installing a third party application, I was advised to add the three
> jar files to the "classpath of your servlet engine".  Where do I add these
> three jar files?  If more info is required please advise.  I am desperate to
> get this answered.
>
> Tim

if these 3 jar files are required by only one webapp(I suppoe its name is
myapp),
you can put them into webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/lib .

Bo
Oct.11, 2001