Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt> on 2005/05/20 20:07:35 UTC

index of any publication

Hi once again, after having many issues in a publication I've been
passing from Lenya 1.2 until 1.2.3, I've decided to take another
approach, so now I'm implementing it from scratch in version 1.2.3.
Meanwhile, I've been creating new documents in a given structure and
noticed that I couldn't create one as child to the starting document,
the one with ID /index, when performing that operation Lenya identifies
the Parent ID as /. Where can I change this behavior?

Other thing concerning the starting document, as a test, I've performed
the Rename URL operation to it, it worked as it should, but after that
when accessing the publication the following errors occurs:

"The requested document does not exist
 The requested document '/index.html' with document-id '/index' does not
exist."

which means that by default Lenya searches for index, even if we change
its ID.

Rolando

Re: index of any publication

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
I added 2 pages to my documentation:

http://solprovider.com/lenya/staticpages
about using a common footer with links to static pages that do not
belong in the menus.

http://solprovider.com/lenya/designstructure
about translating from manager specifications.

solprovider

Re: index of any publication

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
On 5/22/05, Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt> wrote:
> During the planing of the structure desired for the publication I'm
> working on, my coordinator came up with something like this:

>   |--> Overview
>   |--> Research Areas
>   |--> Projects
> People
>   |--> ...
>   |--> ...
> Press & Media
> Contact Us
>
> As it shows, in this case /index would have 3 child nodes. I thought of
> hard coding it via sitetree.xml and creating the necessary documents,
> but it's best to just create a new parent node for this 3 nodes in a
> similar structure.
> Regards, Rolando

The original specification for my project was very similar.  Part of
the job of a developer is to translate from business specs to
technical specs.  Move People under Home.  Your coordinator will not
even realize you thought you made a change.

I hardcoded links to the static pages ("Contact Us", "Terms") in the
footer used on each page.  Set visibility for the pages to false (Site
tab - Edit - Change node visibility).  I put the footer DIV into
xslt/common.xsl for easy maintenance; it is called in the XSL for the
homepage, the login page, the sitemap, and the content pages.  I will
add that to my documentation.

solprovider

Re: index of any publication

Posted by Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt>.

Re: index of any publication

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: index of any publication

Posted by Rolando Isidoro <rl...@uninova.pt>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> this is correct behavior. just click on the / node to create children
> of it.

I'm aware of that fact, my question is not on how to create a document
that would be child of /, is how to create a document who's parent node
is /index?

Thanks for the reply, regards, Rolando

Re: index of any publication

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: index of any publication

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Rolando Isidoro wrote:

> Hi once again, after having many issues in a publication I've been
> passing from Lenya 1.2 until 1.2.3, I've decided to take another
> approach, so now I'm implementing it from scratch in version 1.2.3.
> Meanwhile, I've been creating new documents in a given structure and
> noticed that I couldn't create one as child to the starting document,
> the one with ID /index, when performing that operation Lenya
> identifies the Parent ID as /. Where can I change this behavior?

IIRC one can pass them trough the "confirmation/creator screen", whereas
you might
want to take a look at

src/java/org/apache/lenya/cms/cocoon/acting/ParentChildCreatorAction.java

I recently improved the logging. Take a look at the log files, whereas
you might
have to modify WEB-INF/log4j.xconf

HTH

Michi