Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by John Kassebaum <ja...@kassebaum.net> on 1999/10/16 22:15:03 UTC

mod_jserv/5162: Servlet aliases did not work.

>Number:         5162
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Servlet aliases did not work.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I was unable to alias any servlet code in the zone.properties:
servlet.ALIAS.code=org.someone.servlet.ClassName

This never created an alias "ALIAS" that could be used for
initArgs, or for 'ApJservAction' statements in the jserv.conf file.

>How-To-Repeat:
It was very repeatable here, I had to NOT USE the alias mechanism to make it
run servlets.
>Fix:
No - just the workaround - don't use aliases :-/
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]