Posted to user@hive.apache.org by John Sichi <js...@fb.com> on 2011/04/27 02:28:17 UTC

Re: [REMINDER] Hive Contrib Meeting Today + Preliminary Agenda

We had a good meetup yesterday, with a lot of discussion topics; here are my notes:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/Development/ContributorsMeetings/HiveContributorsMinutes110425

JVS

Permissions for hive tables

Posted by "Raghunath, Ranjith" <Ra...@usaa.com>.
Is there a standard procedure that is followed with respect to security on hive tables? For example, create a user id called hive and add it to supergroup group. Have the id hive be the owner of all tables. Make sure the permissions are set to xyz...

Let me know if any of you have any thoughts on this.

Thank you,
Ranjith N. Raghunath