Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by aappddeevv <aa...@verizon.net> on 2010/07/01 20:41:46 UTC

copy a component to the copy buffer (or an output file) as SVG

I wanted to add a "Copy Ouput as SVG" button to my pivotpad. I saw that
Batik has a graphics2d that could let me write to a buffer of some sort so I
thought that batik would be a good tool to do this. I thought this would be
nicer than always grabbing a screen shot with the OS's screen snippet tool.

Has anyone implemented a "copy component to clipboard as SVG" feature? Or, a
"copy component to SVG output file"?

It looks like you just need so swap out that graphics2d object, redraw and
some magic in the background happens.

Re: copy a component to the copy buffer (or an output file) as SVG

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
Pivot doesn't support placing SVG on the clipboard. However, you could render your component to a buffered image and put that on the clipboard.