Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/23 06:25:38 UTC

Possible bug in AstBuilder Antlr4

Hi Daniel,

I think I have found a bug in the antlr4 AstBuilder class.

Add this line:

import groovy.transform.CompileStatic

before this one in a GString template:
https://github.com/melix/groovy-core/blob/d9656842908acb403599cf574f509aea2737be47/subprojects/groovy-groovydoc/src/main/resources/org/codehaus/groovy/tools/groovydoc/gstringTemplates/classLevel/classDocName.html#L27

And run GroovyDocToolTest. Some tests will fail with:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ImportNode cannot be
cast to org.codehaus.groovy.ast.stmt.Statement
    at
org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.AstBuilder.visitBlockStatement(AstBuilder.java:4074)
    at
java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline$3$1.accept(ReferencePipeline.java:193)
    at
java.util.ArrayList$ArrayListSpliterator.forEachRemaining(ArrayList.java:1382)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.copyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:481)
    at
java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.wrapAndCopyInto(AbstractPipeline.java:471)
    at
java.util.stream.ReduceOps$ReduceOp.evaluateSequential(ReduceOps.java:708)
    at java.util.stream.AbstractPipeline.evaluate(AbstractPipeline.java:234)
    at
java.util.stream.ReferencePipeline.collect(ReferencePipeline.java:499)
    at
org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.AstBuilder.visitBlockStatements(AstBuilder.java:4058)
    at
org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.AstBuilder.visitBlockStatementsOpt(AstBuilder.java:4045)
    at
org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.AstBuilder.visitClosure(AstBuilder.java:3715)
    at
org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.AstBuilder.visitClosurePrmrAlt(AstBuilder.java:3120)
    at
org.apache.groovy.parser.antlr4.AstBuilder.visitClosurePrmrAlt(AstBuilder.java:356)

Re: Possible bug in AstBuilder Antlr4

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.
thanks!

Posted by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org>.
It is fixed:

Posted by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org>.
> I would have expected it to fail with a better error message in this case,
like "You're not allowed to use an import in a method body".

I agree with you :-)

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Re: Possible bug in AstBuilder Antlr4

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.
It cannot. However the GString templates look like scripts, which is why I
added an import in the first place. But then the builder fails with a
ClassCastException. I would have expected it to fail with a better error

Posted by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org>.
As the error message shows, error occurred when parsing statements within a
block, but one of the statements is actually a `import` statement.

We should add some check to give friendly error message IMO.

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Re: Possible bug in AstBuilder Antlr4

Posted by "Daniel.Sun" <su...@apache.org>.