Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ksmith <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/26 11:38:37 UTC

Re: get term frequency, just only keywords search

Hi, jack
i have a same problem as danielitos85
i want to search like "research development" but termfreq function not work
as per your messages
and you said that use phraseFreq but we can get it from debug query.
my problem is i want to sort on "research development" count, higher count
document will display first in list.
so how can i sort on that.
can you please help me asap.

Thanks.

Re: get term frequency, just only keywords search

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
You need to use a shingle filter at index time so that pairs of adjacent
words get indexed as single terms, then you can do a term frequency for the
shingled pair of terms ("Research Development" as a single term). Be sure to
manually apply any other filters, such as lower case or stemming.

See:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_7_0/analyzers-common/org/apache/lucene/analysis/shingle/ShingleFilterFactory.html
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_7_0/analyzers-common/org/apache/lucene/analysis/shingle/ShingleFilter.html

But, note that you don't need to do any of this if you simply want to boost
documents containing a phrase - just use the pf, pf2, and pf3 parameters of
edsimax or explicitly boost the phrase, such as "research development"^20.

-- Jack Krupansky