Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bill blackmon <bi...@verizon.net> on 2003/05/25 23:42:16 UTC

Email Attachement/Fileupload question

I'm trying to create a file attachement for an email app. I can't get the
file captured from the jsp page
to be recoginzed when the form is submitted. I have the following
definitions:

/* JSP FORM ENTRY */
  <input type="file" name="file">
  <input type="submit" value="Upload File">

/* ACTION DECLARATION */
action
      path="/attachFile"
      type="com.recovery.actions.AttachEmailAction"
      name="emailFormEx"
      scope="request"
      input="/adminEmailBody.jsp"
      validate="false">
     <forward name="Success" path="/adminEmailBody.jsp" />
</action>

/* FORM CLASS */
Form class has following declarations for file field:

File file = null;

public void setFile(File file) { this.file = file; }
public File getFile() { return this.file; }

/* ERROR MESSAGE */
javax.servlet.ServletException: BeanUtils.populate
 at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:1098)

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch
 at
)
 at
.java:25)
 at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setSimpleProperty(PropertyUtils.j
ava:1574)
 at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setNestedProperty(PropertyUtils.j
ava:1468)
 at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setProperty(PropertyUtils.java:14
98)
 at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:613)
 at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:1096)

Is there an example of something like this anyplace? I can't see to find
one.

Thanks,
Bill