Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Geofrey Rainey <Ge...@tvnz.co.nz> on 2008/04/11 05:40:03 UTC

LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue

Hello,

I am setting up Tomcat to connect to an Oracle RAC cluster using the
Oracle OCI driver.

The documentation I have read says to configure LD_LIBRARY_PATH under
Linux topoint

to the Oracle OCI library file directories, but no matter where I set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH it

does not get honored.

I am getting a JVM crash and a trace file containing the environment
settings shows that

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is always set to the library directories under
$JAVA_HOME.

How do I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH for Tomcat?

Regards,

Geofrey Rainey.

online at tvnz.co.nz
CAUTION:  This e-mail and any attachment(s) contain information that
is intended to be read only by the named recipient(s).  This information

Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue

Posted by David Fisher <df...@jmlafferty.com>.
Hi,

Look carefully at the LD_LIBRARY_PATH man page.

At least under Solaris, if you are sudo'ing in some way to root then
it will not reset LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This is a security measure.

You may need to configure the root to include these libraries.

This was 7 years ago that we encountered this situation, so I can't
give you detail.

I hope this sets you on the right path.

Regards,
Dave