Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by David Courtin <da...@free.fr> on 2005/03/04 14:01:06 UTC

Create a webdav resource on the server side

Hello,

Like many others I'm new on Slide/Webdav, so I discover his fabulous
capabilities step by step.

We are trying to do a content management system for JPeg images. While
putting a new file on the server I would like to extract metadata
information contained in the image file and store this in a separate XML
file also in the server repository. I've search in the documentation,
API and source code but without success for the moment. I can trigger
event on the PUT method, extract the data with an extractor, but I don't
how to inject my data in the repository.

How can I do this ?  Is it the right way for doing this ?

Thanks,

David

Re: Create a webdav resource on the server side

Posted by Thomas Bellembois <th...@univ-rennes1.fr>.
Hello,

It does not seem to be an easy task, but you could perhaps do that
modifying the store you have choosen to store your content.
What is the final goal of your project ?

Thomas

--
BELLEMBOIS Thomas
CRI, Université de Rennes 1

Posted by Miguel Figueiredo <mf...@maisis.pt>.
Hello David,

 From your response I believe that you can use my suggestion. The property
can be modified, of course. You can't index the property using only slide,
but there are some initiatives to integrate Lucene. I didn't tried it yet,
but from what I've listened it's not trivial: you must get your hands dirty.

 The proppatch command is done in the client side, that is correct, using
Slide's client API. You will notice that in the API you have a
'startTransaction' and a 'commitTransaction', witch means you can aggregate
several commands in a single go. It's not difficult to use, just observe the
WebdavResource class javadocs and you can start doing your stuff :)

Best regards,
Miguel Figueiredo

______

Hello Miguel,

Thanks for the quick replies.

I can reply yes certainly to the 2 first questions. I think the reply of
the third question is yes also. By WITH you mean store the XML data in a
property associated with this Webdav JPEG resource ?
The reply is yes if this property could be modified and indexed, that's
exactly what we want to do !

I think making a PROPPATCH dav command is to be done on the client side,
isn't it ?

What do you mean by "or atomically by using Slide's transaction features" ?

Where could I find some examples ? I've search in the mailing list and
in documentation, but I've find nothing.

David

:

Posted by David Courtin <da...@free.fr>.
Hello Miguel,