Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Tsui, Alban" <Al...@COGNOS.com> on 2002/01/29 11:42:16 UTC

transformer tutorial?

Hi

I want to write my own transformer but I don't know where to start from. Is
there an tutorial or example out there? I would like to use the
AbstractDomTransformer... I think. Does that mean I can simply implement the
extend and implement the transform() function?

I have nevered used DOM before... welll only have experience in JDOM. For
the transform() function it takes in a DOM... and can I simply create a new
DOM and contruct my xml based on the information on the input DOM? Or do I
have to modify the passed-in DOM and return it ... in order not to break the
pipeline?

Alban