Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Michael <sg...@gmx.net> on 2009/11/20 22:04:52 UTC

Pushing Maven 2.0.11

Hi folks,

all issues for Maven 2.0.11 have been closed since August [1].
Why hasn't this relese been pushed so far?

Thanks,

Mike

[1]
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=updated&sorter/order=DESC

Re: Pushing Maven 2.0.11

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
2009/11/20 Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>:

> On 21/11/2009, at 9:40 AM, Paul Gier wrote:
>
>>> Well, for 2.0.x, it is :)
>>> - Brett
>>
>> There isn't any reason why it has to be the last 2.0.x release, right?  If someone really wants to fix a few bugs and do a 2.0.12 release I hope they would be able to do that.
>
> Yep, of course - I think it was just that the upshot of the last discussion that nobody was interested in doing that (it's becoming quite burdensome to merge across the different codebases too), so it would be fair to let people know that we don't expect any further releases in that line.

As long as we are clear to people that if somebody _really_ wants to
push another release, we're not going to get in the way.

-Stephen

Re: Pushing Maven 2.0.11

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Pushing Maven 2.0.11

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.

Re: Pushing Maven 2.0.11

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Pushing Maven 2.0.11

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Re: Pushing Maven 2.0.11

Posted by Michael <sg...@gmx.net>.

Re: Pushing Maven 2.0.11

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
oh wait oh wait, but i've got 15 things.....

;-)

Re: Pushing Maven 2.0.11

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 21/11/2009, at 3:30 PM, Brian E. Fox wrote:

> All joking aside, 2.0.9 and 2.0.10 have proven to be very stable. We need to keep the same bar for 2.0.11 especially if we intend this to be the end of 2.0.x. That means we need lots of participation during the rc process.

Yep, there's no reason to rush it out either.

That said, I don't expect a lot of RCs - all these patches already landed in later 2.x versions (but exclude those that had proven problematic there).

- Brett

Re: Pushing Maven 2.0.11

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@infinity.nu>.
All joking aside, 2.0.9 and 2.0.10 have proven to be very stable. We
need to keep the same bar for 2.0.11 especially if we intend this to
be the end of 2.0.x. That means we need lots of participation during
the rc process.

--Brian (mobile)

Re: Pushing Maven 2.0.11

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.