Posted to user@ant.apache.org by matthew sporleder <ms...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/09 19:21:35 UTC

Invalid implementation version between Ant core and Ant optional tasks.

I know the following problem is pretty common:
Invalid implementation version between Ant core and Ant optional tasks.
 core    : 1.6.5
 optional: null

But the 'optional: null' seems a little rare.  This is especially
strange because this ant is working on another box configured in
(supposedly) exactly the same way.

ant -diagnostics won't work unless I export
CLASSPATH=$ANT_HOME/lib/ant-nodeps.jar, which is strongly discouraged
in the ant documentation.  Spending some time with strace shows this
failure happening immediate after opening
jakarta-ant-1.4.1-optional.jar.

Comparing to the other, working, box mostly shows a lot less opening
of things like ant-vaj.jar and differences in "Tasks availability"
from ant -diagnostics.

How does ant decide which jar's to open?

Working:
 Tasks availability
image : Missing dependency com.sun.media.jai.codec.FileSeekableStream
jdepend : Missing dependency jdepend.xmlui.JDepend

Invalid optional/core (CLASSPATH set as above):
 Tasks availability
image : Missing dependency com.sun.media.jai.codec.FileSeekableStream
telnet : Missing dependency com.oroinc.net.SocketClient
ftp : Missing dependency com.oroinc.net.SocketClient
script : Missing dependency com.ibm.bsf.BSFException

Thanks,
Matt