Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Jay Funnell <ja...@matrikon.com> on 2001/07/17 18:27:03 UTC

TelnetAppender

Hello.

   I have been using Log4J for a few months now and it has been very handy.
One thing that was missing was a Telnet style appender.  In a number of past
projects I have relied on log output available over telnet (for remote
debugging).  This has been useful for debugging servlets and other
server-based applications because it doesn't require a special client
application.

   So I have written a TelnetAppender that I would like to contribute.  I
hope this hasn't already been done, if it hasn't how do I go about
submitting it?

Thanks,
Jay Funnell