Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Sameer Tilak <ss...@live.com> on 2014/08/11 22:49:23 UTC

Mahout on Spark: random forest

Hi All,
We are currently using Weka.  I looked the the site and read briefly about experimental nature of Mahout on Spark. I was wondering how mu of Mahout's functionality is available currently? For example, I am interested in using random forest implementation. I wanted to check if I can use that on top of Spark?

Re: Mahout on Spark: random forest

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
H2O have a very high quality random high performance implementation of
random forests.

Posted by Sameer Tilak <ss...@live.com>.

Posted by SriSatish Ambati <sr...@0xdata.com>.
Sameer,
  h2o is making it's open source RandomForests available via MLlib/Spark
API as well.
  you can try them here, h2o.ai
Thanks, Sri

Posted by Sameer Tilak <ss...@live.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suneel Marthi <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.
afaik there's no RF in Mahout on Spark. But there's something that may be
pretty close, in Spark's mlib.