Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ca...@continentale.de on 2007/05/21 12:16:18 UTC

TR:TABLE - rendering bug? (TH-tags in TBODY)

Hi,

a question about the TR:TABLE implementation: Is this a bug or deliberately
done so?

When a TR:TABLE is rendered, the TH-tags end up in the TBODY  instead of an
THEAD ?

I am asking because we need a fixed header for scrolling tables. I know that
there has been a similar
posting on the same topic in the adf-users-mailing-list
(April 17th:"fixed header, scrolling body in <TR:TABLE> ... hidden
feature?"),
but we would prefer to achieve the fixed table header by tweaking the CSS
rather than writing our own
TableRenderer.

The CSS tweaking would, of course, be much easier, it the header stuff would
be rendered
in a THEAD section (something like:

	af|table::content tbody{
	   	overflow-x: hidden;
	   	overflow-y: auto;"
	}

should do this...)

Thanks,
Carsten

Re: TR:TABLE - rendering bug? (TH-tags in TBODY)

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
I don't see any special reason for keeping TH in TBODY.
We didn't want to put footers in TFOOT because W3C
geniuses decided that TFOOT had to be placed *before*
TBODY, which means the default tab order goes
"headers, footers, body", which is just wrong.

-- Adam