Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Andrei Dulceanu <ad...@apache.org> on 2021/10/14 10:29:26 UTC

Permission to start Project Cumulus as a Jackrabbit sub-module

Hi all,

I would like to ask permission from Jackrabbit PMC to start Project Cumulus
- A storage engine for content and assets inspired by GFS [0] as a
sub-project of Apache Jackrabbit.

Thank you,
Andrei Dulceanu

[0] https://research.google.com › gfs-sosp2003
<https://research.google.com/archive/gfs-sosp2003.pdf>

Re: Permission to start Project Cumulus as a Jackrabbit sub-module

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Thursday, 14 October 2021 12:29:26 CEST Andrei Dulceanu wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Andrei,

> I would like to ask permission from Jackrabbit PMC to start Project Cumulus
> - A storage engine for content and assets inspired by GFS [0] as a
> sub-project of Apache Jackrabbit.

Cumulus from Canto is a well-known digital asset management solution which is
also competing with Adobe Experience Manager Assets.

Regards,
O.

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
Hi,
We can easily set up a new JR Sandbox repo in GitBox (https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/newrepo.html).
In that sandbox I would recommend to use a dedicated branch per project/poc.
That branch should start from scratch (i.e. different branches should not share any commits). That way we can easily promote to a dedicated git repo once we consider it mature enough.

Maven is using this concept as well.
Konrad

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi marcel, hi andrei