Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Reid Pinchback <re...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/13 01:42:29 UTC

[digester] Wiki todo 2.1.7, yes Digester can do Ant properties

FYI, I've verified that yes, the Digester
substitution facilities in 1.6 can be used
to do the same kind of variable substitution
that Ant has.  Just wanted to send in a note
so nobody wastes time tackling the same
problem.  Once Simon has finished merging
the 1.6 source into the head, I'll post
the change.  At that poing somebody with
Wiki godliness should probably indicate the
issue closed.

Nothing earth-shattering to do it.
VariableExpansionTestCase was a large part of
the way there, just needed to take it a little
bit further.  No changes to functional code are
needed, just required a combination of the
substitutor framework, CallMethodRule,
CallParamRule, and an appropriate initial
object shoved on the Digester stack.

Re: [digester] Wiki todo 2.1.7, yes Digester can do Ant properties

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.
On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 11:42, Reid Pinchback wrote:
> FYI, I've verified that yes, the Digester
> substitution facilities in 1.6 can be used
> to do the same kind of variable substitution
> that Ant has.  Just wanted to send in a note
> so nobody wastes time tackling the same
> problem.  Once Simon has finished merging
> the 1.6 source into the head, I'll post
> the change.  At that poing somebody with
> Wiki godliness should probably indicate the
> issue closed.
>
> Nothing earth-shattering to do it.
> VariableExpansionTestCase was a large part of
> the way there, just needed to take it a little
> bit further.  No changes to functional code are
> needed, just required a combination of the
> substitutor framework, CallMethodRule,
> CallParamRule, and an appropriate initial
> object shoved on the Digester stack.

Cool.

I'm planning to do the merge in about 8 hours from now (this evening my
time). However I don't recall there being any code changes to merge from
the 1.6 release branch into HEAD; just a few javadoc changes, a couple
of ant build scripts for the new example code, etc. So there should be
no problems with posting a patch against CVS HEAD now...

Cheers,

Simon