Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by dealbitte <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/15 13:54:10 UTC

Karaf and DOSGi throwing Null pointer Exception

Hi,

I have created a karaf child instance using 'admin:create' command and
installed DOSGi Single-Bundle Distribution (1.3.1) from maven as follows:

I installed 2 other OSGi bundles (service bundle & service implementation
bundle) that implement a simple service (printing sometext).

The service is published under http://localhost:9081/prediction
>From the browser, http://localhost:9081/prediction?wsdl displays WSDL
correctly.
So everything looks fine. But when I exit karaf instance (by pressing
Ctrl+D), I got the following exception:

It is not clear to me, why this exception occurs. Any help towards this is
appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Karaf and DOSGi throwing Null pointer Exception

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I have also experienced this exception and will take care of it.

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Karaf and DOSGi throwing Null pointer Exception

Posted by dealbitte <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I am not aware of the steps to pull the distribution from trunk?
Can I do get the distribution via maven or via specific download page ?
When I reported this issue, I used the distribution from DOSGi release page,
http://cxf.apache.org/dosgi-releases.html

regards.

Re: Karaf and DOSGi throwing Null pointer Exception

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
On 10/22/2012 02:46 PM, dealbitte wrote:
> Yeah, I experienced the same problem.

I just fixed the NPE on trunk (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOSGI-129).
Can you test it and report if the issue is gone for you?

Christian

Re: Karaf and DOSGi throwing Null pointer Exception

Posted by dealbitte <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
It might be a similar problem.
As Cellar and CXF DOSGi do not share any code I don think it is the same
thing.

Christian

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I have logged this bug and will fix it. Is it the same you experience?

Posted by dealbitte <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
@raw tag: seams like gmail does not likes it

@error: well, without debugging the code I would simply guess it's
related to something not correctly shutting down the bundles (since
some parts of the framework might not know to be a bundle). But
independently; why does the exception border you? Do you encounter any
"real" errors by it?

Kind regards,
Andreas

Posted by dealbitte <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
is it possible that you've forgotten to attach/paste the exception? :-)

Kind regards,
Andreas