Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/07 20:48:20 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Service Grid Roadmap

Igniters,

While working on the redesign of the Service Grid component I've
looked at the component as end-user and I've faced with usability
issues.

I'd suggest updating IEP-17 [1] or create a new one to specify streams
of improvements:

--- Features
- IGNITE-8367 Implement hot redeployment of services [2]
- IGNITE-6629 Make service automatic redeployment configurable in
ServiceConfiguration
- IGNITE-???? Service versioning

--- Failovers:
- IGNITE-8365 Introduce service failure events
- IGNITE-4235 Can't get user exception if was on remote service (also,
Service Grid should handle errors on services #execute and #cancel)
- IGNITE-5560 A failed service must be redeployed when possible

--- Usability increasing:
- IGNITE-???? Thin client for Service Grid
- IGNITE-???? Provide ability to manage deployment using script e.g.
“control.sh”

--- Monitoring:
- IGNITE-???? Introduce some kind of services metrics
- IGNITE-???? Monitoring tools

--- Performance:
- IGNITE-???? Improve load-balancing [3]

I believe these streams are basic to do Service Grid even better for
our end-users. Work within the streams may be paralleled as Service
Grid redesign phase 1 has been merged.

Thoughts?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-17%3A+Oil+Change+in+Service+Grid
[2] http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/Services-hot-redeployment-td40562.html
[3] http://apache-ignite-developers.2346864.n4.nabble.com/IgniteServices-serviceProxy-and-local-services-td40608.html

--
Best Regards, Vyacheslav D.

Re: [DISCUSSION] Service Grid Roadmap

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.
Denis, thank you for ranging.

I am working on service hot-redeployment via DeploymentSpi [1]. This
allows us using the feature without changing public API.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Vyacheslav,