Posted to users@maven.apache.org by rop <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/20 06:26:41 UTC

scm plugin -- what are the config-info?

Question re. the Maven scm-plugin:
*     http://maven.apache.org/scm/plugins/usage.html
*
Example, in pom.xml:

  <scm>
    <connection>scm:svn:http://somerepository.com/svn_repo/trunk</connection>
    <developerConnection>scm:svn:https://somerepository.com/svn_repo/trunk</developerConnection>
    <url>http://somerepository.com/view.cvs</url>
  </scm>

*What exactly is the <url> tag used for?*

The other two I found explained here:
*     http://maven.apache.org/pom.html
*
*"connection, developerConnection: The two connection elements convey to
how one is to connect to the version control system through Maven. Where
connection requires read access for Maven to be able to find the source
code (for example, an update), developerConnection requires a connection
that will give write access."*

But I cant find anywhere what is the purpose of the <url> tag?

*In particular, does <url> have any effect on the deploy-cycle or the
    mvn release:prepare
    mvn release:perform
commands?
*
Thanks,

Re: scm plugin -- what are the config-info?

Posted by Ansgar Konermann <an...@googlemail.com>.
Am 20.11.2011 06:26, schrieb rop:
> But I cant find anywhere what is the purpose of the <url> tag?

http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#SCM

HTH

Best regards

Ansgar