Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Lorenz Froihofer <Lo...@gmx.at> on 2004/09/30 17:15:15 UTC

Bug in including credits section?

The skins use currently the test

<xsl:if test="$filename = 'index.html' and //skinconfig/credits">
   ... render credits ...
</xsl:if>

May be this does not produce what is intended. I often got confused
about why some of the rendered pages contain the credits and some not.
The current solution renders the credits at every file called
"index.html", ignoring the path to the file.

Examples:
1. index.html
2. some/path/index.html
3. some/other/path/index.html

have the credits section included.

Was it intended to render the credits section for the "/index.html"
(example 1) only? Then the following test would be better:

<xsl:if test="$path = 'index.html' and //skinconfig/credits">
   ... render credits ...
</xsl:if>

Kind regards,
   Lorenz.

Re: Bug in including credits section?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Clay Leeds wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > Dave Brondsema wrote:

> >> I'm pretty sure that it is working as intended.  But I don't recall
> >> why we do it
> >> that way.
> >
> > Actually I think that Lorenz is right. IIRC the current behaviour is a
> > regression... initially the credits were on all pages, but they were
> > deemed to be too much, so we restricted it to only the first page...
> > but now it shows on all index.html pages.
>
> It appears that Thorsten made the change in skinconf[1]:
>
> > I thought about something like:
> > <credit location="all|index|none"/>
> > in skinconf.xml.
>
> with David C suggesting it default to index[2].
>
> Web Maestro Clay
>
> [1]
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=109388408107104&w=2
> [2]
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=109394813605594&w=2

<quote from [2]>
Yes, with the "index" option being the default as it is now.
</quote>

I presume that that was for backward-compatibility.

Actually i would like to switch it to "all" for the Forrest website.
Any objections? The default can still be "index".

--
David Crossley

Re: Bug in including credits section?

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> Quoting Lorenz Froihofer <Lo...@gmx.at>:
>>Was it intended to render the credits section for the "/index.html"
>>(example 1) only? Then the following test would be better:
>>
>><xsl:if test="$path = 'index.html' and //skinconfig/credits">
>>   ... render credits ...
>></xsl:if>
> I'm pretty sure that it is working as intended.  But I don't recall why we do it
> that way.

Actually I think that Lorenz is right. IIRC the current behaviour is a
regression... initially the credits were on all pages, but they were
deemed to be too much, so we restricted it to only the first page... but
now it shows on all index.html pages.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Bug in including credits section?

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.