Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by sindhur <si...@infomax2000.com> on 2003/06/12 21:39:36 UTC

DLL files

Hi everyone,

 I have created an application using Xalan APIs and when I use the exe
file generated to run the application on a different machine without
Xalan installed on that machine it pops up a message saying it requires
som .dll files. My question is: Is there any way that I can build an
application without having to copy all the dll files into every machine
I run the application on.
Any help is highly appreciated.

 Thanks in advance,
 Sindhur.

Re: DLL files

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>.
Sindhur,

You are better of installing the DLL files - allows other applications
to make use of them, and allows you to create multiple executables
without having to link them against a static (and rather large) library
every time.

But if it's really a problem, it should be possible to build yourself a
new project file using AllInOne as the template (or modify AllInOne).
Have the output be a static library rather than a Dynamic Link Library
and then link your program against the static lib.

Should work (haven't tried myself) - but as I said, my guess is you are
going to get rather large executables.

Cheers,
	Berin