Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> on 2009/11/30 01:02:50 UTC

[VOTE] Release PyLucene 3.0.0-1 (rc2)

New artifacts for this release were made to include a fix for building on
Windows with MSVC.

-----------

With the recent release of Java Lucene 3.0.0, a PyLucene 3.0.0-1 release
closely tracking it is ready.

ATTENTION: Lucene Java 3.0.0 has seen many changes to its API. While Java
            users can methodically port their code from Lucene 2.9.1 to
            Lucene 3.0.0 by watching for and eliminating deprecation warnings
            while compiling their code against the Lucene 2.9.1 release, no
            such luxury is afforded to Python users. APIs that were
            deprecated in Lucene 2.x have been removed from Lucene 3.0.0 and
            will trigger Python runtime errors in applications coded with
            PyLucene 2.x. Please, refer to Lucene's 3.0.0 changelist [2], in
            particular to its API changes section [3], for all the details.

Release candidate 2 of PyLucene 3.0.0-1 is available from:

     http://people.apache.org/~vajda/staging_area/

A list of changes in this release can be seen at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/trunk/CHANGES
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/trunk/jcc/CHANGES

Please vote to release these artifacts as PyLucene 3.0.0-1.

Thanks !

Andi..

ps: the KEYS file for PyLucene release signing is at:
     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/pylucene/dist/KEYS
     http://people.apache.org/~vajda/staging_area/KEYS

[1] http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x88E27CA20ED7633F
[2] http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_0/changes/Changes.html
[3] http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_0/changes/Changes.html#3.0.0.api_changes

Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 3.0.0-1 (rc2)

Posted by Atsuo Ishimoto <at...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:02 AM, Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote to release these artifacts as PyLucene 3.0.0-1.

I tested on Windows Vista/XP, Python 2.6.4, jdk1.6.0_16.
My application runs just fine. So +1 from me too.

--
Atsuo Ishimoto
Mail: ishimoto@gembook.org

Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 3.0.0-1 (rc2)

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Michael McCandless wrote:

> +1 to release.
>
> I was able to build successfully, on OS X 10.5.8, Python 2.6.4, Java 1.5.0_20.
>
> I ran my usual smoke test, indexing first 100K docs from wikipedia,
> optimizing it, searching.  I had to tweak the APIs to cutover to
> 3.0... but everything worked fine after that.

Thanks, Mike !

Here is my +1 as well.

Andi..

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.