Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by David Thielen <da...@windward.net> on 2005/06/08 18:31:38 UTC

Created templates crash Excel if Add-ins are enabled

Hi;

Does anyone have any idea why the following is happening - when xls files
are created with POI and add-ins are enabled, it will crash Excel. It
happens with most any add-in under 2000 & 2002 and happens with wasp under
2003. And...

> Well, the behavior exists in Excel 2003 as well with the Wasp Barcode

> Add-in enabled.  Attached are two files.  One is the original, the

> other is the repaired version (repaired with Excel 2003).  The file

> size is significantly different.  If I create a blank spreadsheet the

> file size is 14k.  If I create a Windward xls file, the size is 6k.

> If I repair the file, it ends up  being 14k.  I think there is

> something missing from the file when it gets generated.

??? - thanks - dave

RE: Created templates crash Excel if Add-ins are enabled

Posted by David Thielen <da...@windward.net>.
I am happy to do that - but first I wanted to make sure it wasn't that I was
doing something dumb. Anything I should look for on my end first - or is
this something new?

Thanks - dave

Posted by Amol Deshmukh <am...@yahoo.com>.
David,