Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Grita, Fabio (EST)" <Fa...@fao.org> on 2010/08/27 13:43:36 UTC

Problems with Maven

Dear All,
I have found your names in the Maven site. We are having a problem calling
the mvn service today (every king of maven command, using the install, clean
and even the gwt plugin).

We would like to know whether there is a problem on maven side or do you have
any idea of what the problem could be.

Thank you very much for your help!

The message error is the following:

 mvn install
[INFO]
NOTE: Maven is executing in offline mode. Any artifacts not already in your
local repository will be inaccessible.

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building project
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources. [INFO] Copying 1071
resources [WARNING] POM for 'org.rosuda:REngine:pom:0.6.2:compile' is
invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0
POM. for project org.rosuda:REngine at
/home/.m2/repository/org/rosuda/REngine/0.6.2/REngine-0.6.2.pom
[WARNING] POM for 'org.rosuda:RserveEngine:pom:0.6.2:compile' is invalid. It
will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason: Not a v4.0.0 POM. for
project org.rosuda:RserveEngine at
/home/.m2/repository/org/rosuda/RserveEngine/0.6.2/RserveEngine-0.6.2.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.fao.geonetwork:ogcutils

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.fao.geonetwork:ogcutils' from the
repository: Unable to read local copy of metadata: Cannot read metadata from
'/home/.m2/repository/org/fao/geonetwork/ogcutils/2.2.0-SNAPSHOT/maven-metada
ta-codehaus-maven-repo.xml': end tag name </body> must match start tag name
  org.fao.geonetwork:ogcutils:pom:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT

 for project org.fao.geonetwork:ogcutils

[INFO]
[INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch [INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Aug 27 12:36:53 CEST 2010
[INFO] Final Memory: 20M/357M

Many thanks
Fabio

Fabio Grita
Coordinator "GIEWS Workstation"
Food Security Information for Action Programme (GCP/GLO/243/EC)

Global Information and Early Warning Service (ESTG)
Trade and Markets Division, (EST)
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla
Room D/828
00100 Rome
ITALY

Tel. +39-06-5705-4262 (direct)
Fax: +39-06-5705-4495
E-mail: fabio.grita@fao.org
Web: http://www.foodsec.org/workstation

Re: Problems with Maven

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
Hi,

You seem to have a problem with your local maven repository. Is it possible
that something or somebody somehow broke this directory content?
Which maven version are you running?

And also, are you aware you're working offline? Is it a normal behaviour for
you?

Cheers

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !