Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Daryl Beattie <Da...@screamingmedia.com> on 2001/03/01 19:58:16 UTC

Style-sheet repository AND fop-users mailing list

Dear FOP developers,

	Is there someplace where there is a repository of
donated/open-source style sheets for converting various standard XML formats
to FO specifically for use with FOP? The reason I ask is that there is lots
of talk of converting DocBook to PDF using FOP, and... heck, I'd love to do
that. But, being a programmer, I don't want to re-write style-sheets that
other people have already done. Also, if there was such a style-sheet and I
needed more functionality, I could "contribute" to the style sheet in an
open-source manner. Ideas?

	Also, it seems that this question, and some of the other questions I
see on the fop-dev mailing list, are "usage" questions instead of
development questions. I looked through the archive, and in November of 2000
there were about 15 votes for a fop-users group, however..... where is it?
Anyway: +1 for fop-users.
	There's no search engine for the archives is there?

Sincerely,

	Daryl.

Daryl Beattie
Java Developer/Research and Development
ScreamingMedia
601 West 26 Street 13 Floor
New York New York 10001
T 212 691 7900 F 212 691 1483
Direct 212 659 1895
www.screamingmedia.com <http://www.screamingmedia.com>

ScreamingMedia <http://www.screamingmedia.com/>

ScreamingMedia makes headlines <http://www.screamingmedia.com/en/press/>

Posted by Glenn Vanderburg <gl...@delphis.com>.
Daryl Beattie <Da...@screamingmedia.com> writes:

> 	Is there someplace where there is a repository of
> donated/open-source style sheets for converting various standard XML formats
> to FO specifically for use with FOP?

Not specifically for FOP.  James Tauber has a stylesheet library page
at XSLinfo.com (although it's currently empty  :-).  That seems like
the logical place.

>                                      The reason I ask is that there is lots
> of talk of converting DocBook to PDF using FOP, and... heck, I'd love to do
> that.

Norm Walsh has an XSL stylesheet for DocBook, and for me it works
*fairly* well.  I found one big problem that seems to be a bug in the
stylesheets, not FOP.  (I told Norm about it but haven't heard
anything yet.)  Of course, there are some things that aren't supported
by FOP yet, but for the most part they haven't seriously affected the
output on the (admittedly simple) DocBook documents I've tried.

The URL is http://www.nwalsh.com/docbook/xsl/index.html

--
Glenn Vanderburg
Delphi Consultants, LLC