Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Wim Peeters <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/20 17:03:26 UTC

installation cocoon

Hello,

Can someone help me with the installation of cocoon.
If there a document or is someon willing to describe
the steps to make tomcat work with cocoon. I have the
following versions installed on my machine:

apache http server 1.3.22
tomcat 4.0.1
cocoon 1.8

thanks a lot
Wim Peeters

http://personals.yahoo.com

Re: installation cocoon

Posted by Andre Juffer <aj...@sun3.oulu.fi>.

Wim Peeters wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can someone help me with the installation of cocoon.
> If there a document or is someon willing to describe
> the steps to make tomcat work with cocoon. I have the
> following versions installed on my machine:
>
> apache http server 1.3.22
> tomcat 4.0.1
> cocoon 1.8

This is what I have added to the conf.httpd file to get Cocoon 2 working
on Linux Slackware with Apache and Tomcat 4 (Catalina):

----
LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c
WebAppConnection conn      warp  localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy     cocoon    conn  /cocoon
WebAppInfo /webapp-info
----

It worked immediately after restarting Tomcat4 and Apache.

I have not tried this with Cocoon1.8, but I guess it will work as well.
The mod-webapp.so module can be obtained from CVS
  (jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp).

Hope this helps,
Andre.

> thanks a lot
> Wim Peeters

> http://personals.yahoo.com

The Biocenter and            | Fax: +358-8-553-1141
     the Dep. of Biochemistry | Email: Andre.Juffer@oulu.fi
University of Oulu, Finland  | WWW: http://www.biochem.oulu.fi/Biocomputing/