Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2005/11/21 17:19:08 UTC

Ant task to create bundles from osgi.core.jar and osgi.compendium.jar

When migrating from OSCAR to Felix, I wanted to migrate from using the
R3 "osgi-service.jar" and "osgi-util.jar" to new ones based on the
official R4 "osgi.core.jar" and "osgi.compendium.jar". I quickly
discovered that these files themselves do not contain any bundle
manifest headers to export the packages contained in the archives. So I
created an Ant task to do this for me (and also strip out all the
optional information).

Check it out here:
http://planetmarrs.xs4all.nl/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=1

Perhaps something like this is worth including in the Felix build (or
perhaps even the Maven 2 plugins, I'm not really familiar with Maven yet).

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Ant task to create bundles from osgi.core.jar and osgi.compendium.jar

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
Marcel Offermans wrote:
> Perhaps something like this is worth including in the Felix build (or
> perhaps even the Maven 2 plugins, I'm not really familiar with Maven yet).

My interpretation of Maven 2 naming standards applied to the OSGi jars
would be to call them:

org.osgi.core-4.0.jar
org.osgi.compendium-4.0.jar

If there are no objections to the proposed names:

1)  I'll commit mavenization subprojects to Felix using those names.
2)  I'll work to include the jars in iBiblio's M2 repo.

Enrique

Re: Ant task to create bundles from osgi.core.jar and osgi.compendium.jar

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Yes, this should probably be done for the Maven JARs. I have done it for
myself locally too. I am not sure why these JARs were not officially
created as bundles...

-> richard