Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by FlorentG <fl...@ubiant.com> on 2018/05/25 09:44:12 UTC

Security Management for Wildlfly (10 or 11) + ActiveMQ Artemis

Hi,

I have to integrate the ActiveMQ Artemis messaging system in an existing
based wildlfy application (currently on wildlfy 10).
I successfully configured wildlfy to be able to create topics and queues but
now I'm facing problems with security management.

What is the best way to manage authorization of client
connection/subscribtion ?

I quick searched on forums and found 2 majors ways :

Adding incoming/outgoing interceptors to the subsystem messaging in the
wildlfy configuration (standalone.xml).
Or
Use JAAS Login Modules from Artemis, but I have no clue how to integrate
them with wildlfy.

Is there another way ? I'm a little bit confused with these possibilities.

Thanks for any responses or advices :-)

Re: Security Management for Wildlfly (10 or 11) + ActiveMQ Artemis

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
Wildfly already has Artemis integration including security.  Artemis will
delegate authentication and authorization to a Wildfly security domain
("other" by default).  You shouldn't need to implement any interceptors
(which isn't ideal for security anyway) or JAAS login modules.  Wildfly
already has a bunch of login module implementations for various use-cases.
Check their documentation for more details on that.

Justin