Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rakesh sumbria <ra...@teradata.com> on 2010/06/04 09:46:16 UTC

Cannot create a durable subscription for an advisory Topic

Please let me know hoe to creat DurableSubscriber using
createDurableSubscriber. I am getting following error.
Cannot create a durable subscription for an advisory Topic
=======
Following is portion og code

connectionFactory = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(user, password,
					"ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.t1.AB");
           connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
            connection.setClientID(clientId);
            connection.setExceptionListener(new AICExceptionListener());
             session = connection.createSession(false,
Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
	Topic topic = (Topic) session.createTopic(queue_name);
	consumer = session.createDurableSubscriber(topic, consumerName);
           // consumer = session.createConsumer(dest);
            listener = new TextListener();
            consumer.setMessageListener(listener);
            connection.start();