Posted to user@struts.apache.org by akash agrawal <ak...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2008/02/21 03:52:38 UTC

s:datetimepicker version 2.0.11 issue

Hi,

My code is:
                <s:datetimepicker label="Time"
                name="validityTimeTime"
                id="vtTime"
                type="time"
                displayFormat="HH:mm:ss"
                staticDisplay="true"
                value="%{#sr.validityTime}"
                language="en-us"
                required="true"
                />

Issue:
1. Time cannot be edited by going straight to the text field and entering using keyboard. It only allows to pick up the time from the popup. However popup only gives minutes granularity in 5 minutes interval.

Any workaround? Is there a better mailing list to post this question.

Thanks,

-Akash

---------------------------------

Re: s:datetimepicker version 2.0.11 issue

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
akash agrawal wrote:
> Issue:
> 1. Time cannot be edited by going straight to the text field and entering using keyboard. It only allows to pick up the time from the popup. However popup only gives minutes granularity in 5 minutes interval.
>
> Any workaround? Is there a better mailing list to post this question.

Unfortunately...
Answer: usability of the time picker in Dojo 0.4 sucks

Work around:
1. I use selects for time with javascript to combine the selections into
a string in a hidden field (and vice versa).  Not as pertty, but it
works well!
2. google javascript time picker

Re: datetimepicker version 2.0.11 issue

Posted by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl>.
hi,

Indeed, as Dave pointed out that answer is confusing. I had the same
issue as the OP and have not been able to find a working solution, at
least not for S 2.1.x
Unfortunately not even the opposite settings of what is suggested works
in S 2.1.x for entering free time without this 5 minute granularity
constraint.

There is an open JIRA ticket describing precisely this problem:

regards,
Giovanni

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Deepak Kumar <de...@roseindia.net>.
Hi,

Please note the attribute onchange="false" of  <s:datetimepicker (Date time
picker).

Thanks

A small change is required to get the desired output.
You can find answer here at
http://www.roseindia.net/answers/viewanswers/29.html with source code.

Good Luck!

Best Regards