Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Emen Eddine AISSAOUI <ai...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/01 14:16:01 UTC

Information for Tomcat 8.5 End of support/Extended support

Hi to all,

I need your support please.

Where can I find the following information regarding the version of Tomcat
8.5:

- date of end of support
-extended support (definition, date and the services which are included in
this support)

Please provide me the link of each informatique.

Thank you in advance !

Regards,

Re: Information for Tomcat 8.5 End of support/Extended support

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/04/2022 15:16, Emen Eddine AISSAOUI wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I need your support please.
>
> Where can I find the following information regarding the version of Tomcat
> 8.5:
>
> - date of end of support

Not currently set. When it is set we will provide at least 12 months notice.

The Tomcat project aims to maintain 3 major versions in parallel so
we'll aim for 8.5.x to reach end of life around the same time Tomcat 11
reaches stability.

There are currently no plans for Tomcat 11 but keep an eye out for
Jakarta 11 as Tomcat 11 will track the usual subset of specifications
from Jakarta 11.

Major Tomcat versions are typically supported for around 10 years
although that can vary a bit depending on the pace of Java EE / Jakarta
EE releases.

Given that Tomcat 8's first stable release was 2014-02-02 and that there
has been no planning for Jakarta EE 11 to date my best guess is that
8.5.x will be supported for at least 2-3 years from now.

> -extended support (definition, date and the services which are included in > this support)

There is no such concept.

Mark