Posted to users@maven.apache.org by vishwa <vi...@ca.com> on 2013/07/12 08:36:21 UTC

Unable to run a particular test group in testng

Hi Members,
I am very new to this forum. I am trying to run a particular group of tests
from testng.
I have to groups of tests: *first* and *second*.

*testng.xml:
----------*
/<!DOCTYPE suite SYSTEM &quot;http://testng.org/testng-1.0.dtd&quot; >
<suite name="Suite 1">
  <test name="testNG test1">
    <classes>
       <class name="com.prac1.MyFirstTest"/>
    </classes>
	<groups>
		<run>
			<include name="first"/>
		</run>
	</groups>
  </test>
</suite>
/
*pom.xml:
--------*
/<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>vnath</groupId>
    <artifactId>Student</artifactId>
    <version>2.0</version>
	<properties>
    </properties>

    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
            <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
            <version>6.8</version>

        </dependency>
    </dependencies>

    <build>
		<testResources>
            <testResource>
                <directory>src/test/resources</directory>
            </testResource>
		</testResources>
        <plugins>
			<plugin>
				<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugin</groupId>
				<version>2.5.1</version>
				<configuration>
					<testSourceDirectory>src/test/java</testSourceDirectory>
					<suiteXmlFiles>
						<suiteXmlFile>src/test/resources/testng.xml</suiteXmlFile>
					</suiteXmlFiles>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>

			<plugin>
				<version>2.5.1</version>
				<configuration>
					<suiteXmlFiles>
						<suiteXmlFile>${basedir}/src/test/resources/testng.xml</suiteXmlFile>
					</suiteXmlFiles>
				</configuration>
            </plugin>
		</plugins>
    </build>
</project>/

*Project structure:
----------------*

   Student

          |---src
          |     |---main
          |     |      |----java
          |     |      |       |--com
          |     |      |             |--prac
          |     |      |                   |--Student.java
          |     |      |----resources
          |     |
          |     |
          |     |---test
          |             |---java
          |             |       |---com
          |             |               |---prac1
          |             |                       |---MyFirstTest.java
          |             |
          |             |---resources
          |                      |---testng.xml

          |----pom.xml

When I ran *mvn test* command, It executed all the test groups but I am
expecting only "first" test group tests to be run.

What is the problem in the above pom.xml or testng.xml?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance,
Vishwanath

Re: Unable to run a particular test group in testng

Posted by Andreas Gudian <an...@gmail.com>.
Am Freitag, 12. Juli 2013 schrieb vishwa :

> Hi Andreas,
> Thanks for the quick reply. Replaced 2.5.1 with 2.15 and tried but I got
> some errors:
> /[ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.15 or one
> of its
>  dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for
> org.
> apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:jar:2.15: Could not find
> artifact
> org
> .apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:pom:2.15 in central
> (http://repo.mav
> en.apache.org/maven2) -> [Help 1]
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
> swit
> ch.
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
> please
> rea
> d the following articles:
> [ERROR] [Help 1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginResoluti
> onException/
>
> Thanks,
> Vishwanath

Leave the compiler-plugin version as it was. The different plugins are
versioned and released separately.

Re: Unable to run a particular test group in testng

Posted by Andreas Gudian <an...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> /<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
> http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
>     <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>     <groupId>vnath</groupId>
>     <artifactId>Student</artifactId>
>     <version>2.0</version>
>         <properties>
>         <project.build.sourceEncoding>UTF-8</project.build.sourceEncoding>
>     </properties>
>
>     <dependencies>
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
>             <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
>             <version>6.8</version>
>
>         </dependency>
>     </dependencies>
>
>     <build>
>                 <testResources>
>             <testResource>
>                 <directory>src/test/resources</directory>
>             </testResource>
>                 </testResources>
>         <plugins>
>                         <plugin>
>                                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugin</groupId>
>
> <artifactId>maven-surefire-plugin</artifactId>
>                                 <version>2.5.1</version>
>                                 <configuration>
>
> <testSourceDirectory>src/test/java</testSourceDirectory>
>                                         <suiteXmlFiles>
>
> <suiteXmlFile>src/test/resources/testng.xml</suiteXmlFile>
>                                         </suiteXmlFiles>
>                                 </configuration>
>                         </plugin>
>
>                         <plugin>
>                                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>
> <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
>                                 <version>2.5.1</version>
>                                 <configuration>
>                                         <suiteXmlFiles>
>
> <suiteXmlFile>${basedir}/src/test/resources/testng.xml</suiteXmlFile>
>                                         </suiteXmlFiles>
>                                 </configuration>
>             </plugin>
>                 </plugins>
>     </build>
> </project>/
>
> *Project structure:
> ----------------*
>
>    Student
>           |---src
>           |     |---main
>           |     |      |----java
>           |     |      |       |--com
>           |     |      |             |--prac
>           |     |      |                   |--Student.java
>           |     |      |----resources
>           |     |
>           |     |
>           |     |---test
>           |             |---java
>           |             |       |---com
>           |             |               |---prac1
>           |             |                       |---MyFirstTest.java
>           |             |---resources
>           |                      |---testng.xml
>           |----pom.xml
>

> When I ran *mvn test* command, It executed all the test groups but I am
> expecting only "first" test group tests to be run.
>
> What is the problem in the above pom.xml or testng.xml?

Hi,

Please try again with surefire version 2.15 (it is the latest release).

Andreas