Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Stegenga <jo...@stegenga.net> on 2004/09/29 21:56:27 UTC

Problem with Bayes learner.

Hi everyone.  I've read the wiki and googled for this, and no such luck.

I'm not using Spam Assassin 3.x yet.

Server info:
Redhat 9 kernel 2.4.26-ow3
Perl 5.8.1

This is a "shared hosting" server using Cpanel 9.4.1

The mailer is EXIM
exim
(exim-4.42-60_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite_mailman2_maskedmailtrap_e
xiscan)

Until about 5 days ago, my Spam learner script was working.  I could never
turn SA Autolearn on, but I could manually make a SPAM mailbox and a HAM
mailbox and put stuff into them.  I currently have a library of about 6000
spams that have been sent to my domain.

Recently, however, SA stopped using bayes.  No more bayes scores.... none...

Here is my error:

bayes: bayes db version 0 is not able to be used, aborting! at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/BayesStore/DBM.pm line 160.

Now, that's odd to me because it appears to learn email...
Learned from 42 message(s) (5231 message(s) examined)

The wiki says this error has to do with SA 3.0..  but I'm not using 3.0:

HELP?

John Stegenga

RE: Problem with Bayes learner.

Posted by John Stegenga <jo...@stegenga.net>.
How does one handle this in a shared server environment where there are many
domains on a single server with ONE mail instance?  Does one have to run
steps 2-3 for each domain before you can restart spamd?

John

Posted by Erik Wickstrom <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,