Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2010/04/23 21:07:00 UTC

Framework trunk changes

Hello,

Just a word to say I just committed some significant changes to the
framework resolver, almost another rewrite. :-(

This became necessary over the last month when I came upon a scenario
that was creating difficulties for the previous prototype resolver which
resulted first from some bugs and then once these bugs were fixed there
were performance issues.

This latest resolver algorithm is conceptually very similar, so it is
not a complete rewrite, but the changes were fairly substantial. I am
optimistic, as always. All known scenarios now appear to be working and
resolving fairly quickly and the code passes the R4.2 CT. I'll keep my
fingers crossed that this will be the last major change needed to the
core algorithm.

I deployed new snapshots. Let me know if you start experiencing any
issues...I do know that handling of conflicting fragments is a little
different...among other things I am sure.

-> richard

Re: Framework trunk changes

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 4/23/10 16:29, Pierre De Rop wrote:
> Ok, our bundles are resolved ... so there is no issue at all;

Excellent!

-> richard

Re: Framework trunk changes

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.