Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by August Detlefsen <au...@yahoo.com> on 2005/05/26 02:04:29 UTC

Force Non-SSL

In my webapp I force clients to use SSL encryption for logins with a
security constraint and transport-guarantee elements like this:

    <security-constraint>
      <web-resource-collection>
        <web-resource-name>Login</web-resource-name>
        <url-pattern>/login/*</url-pattern>
      </web-resource-collection>

      <user-data-constraint>
      </user-data-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

However, once a user hits the login page, every subsequent page also
uses https. Is there a way to force them back to regular http once they
leave the login section?

Re: Force Non-SSL

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
no