Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "alexander.elsholz" <al...@widas.de> on 2009/03/12 18:51:04 UTC

problem with modules

hi,

thats my folder-structure:

folder
-project_web
-project_ejb
-project_ejb2
-project_common
-project_logging
-...
-project_release

all projects have different parent pom's to reduce the configuration by type
(web, ejb) so project_release cannot be the parent.

so i create the project_release as a module pom:

<modules>
		<module>..\project_web</module>
		<module>..\project_ejb</module>
		<module>..\project_ejb2</module>
		<module>..\project_common</module>
		<module>..\project_logging</module>
</modules>

i want to build the complete project with continuum, so i added the
project_release to continum. but it doesn't work. continuum only checked out
the project_release and so the ..\project_web leads to a maven failure.

what could i do, that continuum checks out the other projects too?

thanks alex

Re: problem with modules

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 10:51 AM, alexander.elsholz
<al...@widas.de> wrote:

> i want to build the complete project with continuum, so i added the
> project_release to continum. but it doesn't work. continuum only checked out
> the project_release and so the ..\project_web leads to a maven failure.
>
> what could i do, that continuum checks out the other projects too?

What version of Continuum are you using?

I've tested with the following "flat" example project, and it works.
All three projects are added to the group, and it build successfully:
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/sandbox/flat-example

You won't be able to release with this kind of project structure, but
building should work.

Does your parent pom look like this?
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/sandbox/flat-example/flat-parent/pom.xml

--