Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Kostas Kalogirou <ka...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/18 09:39:37 UTC

Differences between JWSDP and AXIS generated Java classes-Problem imlpementing Java client using AXIS API

Hello everybody.

I had an .wsdl file and I want to get Java classes.
I used the jwsdp 1.5 toolkit at first and I got the Java classes.
I implemented also a Java client using the JAX-RPC API.

After that, I try to do the same things with Axis.
I used the Axis org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java toolkit in order to get
Java classes as following:
% java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java --server-side --user imag
--password kos file.wsdl
or
% java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java --all --user imag --password kos file.wsdl

I got all the Java files and deploy.wsdd and undeploy.wsdd.However, If
I compared them with the Java files generated by jwsdp 1.5, I can see
some differences. For example, there is a method version() that
actually get some details from the remote Web server(name of server,
date, username,password of user).

With jwsdp, it was generated such as:
public void getVersion(javax.xml.rpc.holders.StringHolder name,
javax.xml.rpc.holders.StringHolder version,
javax.xml.rpc.holders.StringHolder date, mizgis.AccessCredentialsType
accessCredentials) throws
         java.rmi.RemoteException;

WIth axis it was generated such as:
public void getVersion(javax.xml.rpc.holders.StringHolder name,
javax.xml.rpc.holders.StringHolder version,
javax.xml.rpc.holders.StringHolder date) throws
java.rmi.RemoteException;

The AccessCredentialsType() is the method that authenticates the user like:
public AccessCredentialsType(java.lang.String name, java.lang.String password) {
        this.name = name;
        this.password = password;
}

If I used the axis WSDL2Java with --all argument I got the
AccessCredentialsType.
But --all "generates code for all elements, even unreferenced ones"
If I used the axis WSDL2Java with --server-side argument I do not get
the AccessCredentialsType.
That 's why I used in both of them the arguments --username and --password.

As I mentioned above I cannot find where(in which Java file) the
AccessCredentialsType() can be accessed.

If anyone wants to try this is the wsdl file:
http://api.map-and-go.com/3.2.5/mms_MizGIS.wsdl

I developed a simple Java Client using tha Axis API, using the basic
stub objects of the Axis generated Java classes.
It returns only null values.
I tried also to run the previous Java Client implemented by jax-rpc
API(javax.xml.*).Exceptions are returned.

I really appreciate any help.I lost more than 5 days and I cannot find
what is the problem.

If anyone wanst the Java Client code I implemented using the AXIS API,
I can send it.