Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <an...@apache.org> on 2013/11/03 03:15:15 UTC

Fwd: Re: vCloud version supported by jCloud

Hi Paul

I've forwarded your email on to the jclouds dev list. Members of this
list have experience with both Whirr and vCDC, so hopefully we will
get hold of the right people here.

Your interest in getting the vCDC support up to speed again will
certainly be appreciated.

Thanks for getting in touch!

ap

----- Forwarded message from arachweb@gmail.com -----
     Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 17:43:48 -0400
     From: Paul <ar...@gmail.com>
  Subject: Re: vCloud version supported by jCloud
       To: "andrewp@apache.org" <an...@apache.org>

Hi Andrew,

I started experimenting with jclouds and Whirr only yesterday. Today I
joined the Whirr mailing list. However, after my initial post to that
list, an examination of its archives suggests that the list is inactive.

So, I thought to look at the jclouds community which is how I found
myself writing this reply to you.

I'll simply paste in below the email I sent to the Whirr list. In
summa, I'm interested in getting jclouds to work with VMware's vCloud
Director. Here's the post. Thanks, Andrew.

-paul

Hello,

I started experimenting with Whirr only yesterday. It's quite something.

I read somewhere on the Web that if jclouds supports a particular
provider, then Whirr does, too. But, in
readinghttp://jclouds.incubator.apache.org/documentation/userguide/vmware-vcloud/ I got confused. My installation doesn't have any of the listed providers, e.g., Terremark or Bluelock. We just run VMware's VCD as is, so to
speak.

What am I missing here; can Whirr talk "directly" to VCD and if not,
then why not? Put otherwise, what capabilities do Terremark, Bluelock,
and StratoGen provide that enables Whirr to talk to VCD?

Also, might the "experimental" jclouds BYON allow me to talk directly to VCD?

Thank you for your help.

-Paul

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Andrew Phillips
Apache jclouds

Re: Re: vCloud version supported by jCloud

Posted by Ignasi <ig...@gmail.com>.
It is good to hear that Udara!

Are your patches compatible with vcloud 1.5 too? It would be great if you
could share them! [1]

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/jclouds/How%20to%20Contribute

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
Hi Udara

> However after some patches to the jclouds I was able to spawn
> instances in Stratogen cloud.

Is there any chance you'll be able to contribute some of these patches
back? Is there some way the jclouds community can help facilitate this?

Regards

ap

Re: Re: vCloud version supported by jCloud

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi,